DMT can provide security site surveys for the customer. A site survey is an evaluation of a customer’s site for determining the type and placement of security sensors that will optimize performance. Available funds, the threat, operations, redundancy, maintenance requirements, and the size of the property greatly influence the final configuration.
A site survey can be done using programs such as Google Earth and other mapping programs suchs as ESRI, or in person. DMT site surveys are not only conducted to determine radar locations, but cameras, non-lethal response equipment (directed sound, water cannons), communication, mounting platforms, and command centers are also considered. DMT site surveys anywhere in the USA, Canada, or the Carribean are conducted at a cost of $4,800 plus the cost of travel. For Europe the price is $6,500 + business travel, and for everywhere else in world the price is $9,950 + business travel costs. A detailed report is generated after the completion of the site survey. The report includes:
Introduction (describes the site and project, equipment planned, and introduces site survey survey team)
- Deliverables (if a contract has already been issued)
- Risk Assessment (who or what is the threat and weaknesses of the site)
- Requirements (relates requirements to equipment and quantities)
- Site Map (show sensor locations and coverage areas)
Performance Factors (discusses placement versus performance, maintenance, and all assumptions)
- DIctionary and Appendices
- Qualifications of Site Surveyor
- Points of Contact (for the site surveyor and other people that have provided advice)
If DMT is contracted to provide sensors, then 1/2 the fees mentioned above will be refunded to the customer (excluding travel).
DMT can provide site surveys for border programs, VIP facilities, prisons, oil and gas sites and pipelines, nuclear and power platns, railways, ports and harbors, and more. DMT site surveyors have TWIC cards. DMT also has site surveyors that speak French, Arabic, German, and more.
Site Surveyor Courses
This course covers:
- Radar Overview (types of radar and radar technology, performance considerations, companies that build them)
- Camera Overview (Includes cooled and uncooled thermal, CCTV, laser-illuminated, and LED-illuminated, performance considerations, companies that build them)
- Tools required for site survey
- Useful tables and formulas
- Communication, towers and tower grounding, power
- Report generation.
Send an email to email@example.com to find out the next available class.